Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2008

So, it's Wednesday and here starteth the weekend, well until Friday anyway,
Friday is early shift and that starts the whole block off again until Chrimbo.
Nightshift on the 24th and then four days off, hurrah and huzzah!

There's nothing going on at the steelworks, and consequently there's nothing for us to do. So, theoretically, I could take my laptop to work with me and finish off "The Hot Gates".
I'll try the waters on Friday, see what Peter, the shift supervisor say's, and then I just might do it.
What the hell, you only live once, right kids?
Right Reg.

Right, anyway, I'm off to dig a hole in the garden now. MP3 player on, heavy boots, spade and away we go.
It's definitely a manly pastime, digging holes that is. You never see a lady, shovel in hand, sweating like a malarial-fevered mountain gorilla, mining a chasm that could swallow the number eleven bus from Llandulas to Llandudno. Well not in my neighbourhood you don't.
So I'm off out now to get all testosteroned up and dirty.
Tara
Reg :-)

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

You will never see a woman digging a hole in the ground and sweating because we dig holes in the ground and gracefully perspire. :-)

Don't panic Jonesy all will be well.
If there is a sugar shortage but enough to go round everyone panics and goes out to stock up. consequently there is a sugar shortage.
Banks did get it all wrong and paying the costs along with the Councils. Kent County Council had millions of our money tied up with the Icelandic bank and still fighting to get it back.
My son has been told he will probably be made redundant in the new year however you just have to remain positive.
Keep on with the short stories and
send your portfolio off. Maybe that is the way to go.
Ok I'm rambling now probably due to too much cream pastries.:-)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Well what are Dads' for if not to be woken up to take charge of their off springs.LOL
Merry Chrimbo.