Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009

I've spent the last couple of days thinking up clever one liners for the tracklist on the CD the band is recording.
The idea is to have a line, couplet or saying that connects to the song, under the name of the track.
For example :

The Excorcist
In the cold, lonely churchyard I slipped in the blade, and sang praise to the heavens for the soul I'd just saved.

The song is about a man killing innocent people who he thinks are possessed. There's twelve tracks and therefore twelve of these lines.
One of them, though, is "doin' my 'ead in" as they say just south of the Watford Gap.
For the track 'Zealot' I used the line :

"Man is never more resolute and fulfilled than when he's killing for his God."

Now my question is, have I unknowingly plagiarised this line?
My mate/buddy/pal Adam, (guitar player in the band) reckons it sounds familiar, which is both annoying and worrying at the same time.
Annoying because if I have somehow copied it from some other text then I'll have to bin it.
Disturbing because it means that senile dementia really is unfolding its kraken-like tentacles over my drink addled brain.
I really hope that is not the case.

Any takers on this one?

Reg :-/
(worried)
PS. If it sounds familiar but you don't have the quote for me then I'm going to use it. It's not on Google or Yahoo so...

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hiya. I must admit it sounds familiar. However what is the worse that can happen. You could put a comment on to the effect it sounds familiar but apologies if you have plagerised it..... Or... how about give credit to the origional writer of the quote.