Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2009

… and it didn't stop there!
The next day I received an email from the (very nice) lady who answered my call, to tell me where my MS actually was in the great scheme of things.
Now you could say I'm being overly grateful, maybe even to the point of stomach churning obsequiousness?
However, I think not; for my experience of the literary world is one of, not dog eat dog, but blue whale swallows plankton.
So this email was like a civility bolt out of an endlessly unavailable blue, an experience sadly lacking in my catalogue of agent/publisher communication. Hence my good humour today. :-))
I even saw the word, "Thanks" in there somewhere!!!
Sheesh…

Well, whatever, I thought it was nice.
'Nuff said.

I seem to have struck an iceberg.
I've had some great ideas for short stories; and I mean ideas that have had me sit up in bed in the wee silent hours, noiselessly mouthing the word, "Wow" to myself.
But I just don't seem to have had the time recently to sit down and work them out.
This situation sucks, to be honest.
However, I've set myself a deadline. I'm to be rid of all my household jobs and projects by a certain date, so as to then spend a couple of months getting back into the swing of things.

"H" Hour is midnight, on January the first, 2015.
Then watch out Short Story City, I'm coming to getchya !

Just joshing, have a nice day.
Reg :-)

4 Kommentare:

Annie Wicking hat gesagt…

Great to hear about the update, Reg. It was nice to know they care that much about you & your MS.

I'm now back working on my novel, hoping to have it ready by the end of August to send it out to Publisher/agents.

Good Luck with your writing projects, Reg

tee hat gesagt…

Right then ...........
looks like you and me for Barca then. :-)
Good up date on MS Reggo baby.

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

It'll probably all lead to nothing Ann, but I was nicely surprised that they took the time to tell me where I stood.
There is a soul in publication after all... :-)

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

Tee, Barca it is.
It's just a good thing I'm not a Nationalist Fascist Nazi swine or I'd have HAD to support Man U... God forbid! Thank the heavens for Globalisation, lol.
I don't actually mean that, it was a joke. Not a good one but still a joke.
Let's move on, shall we...
It's a pity Arsenal didn't make it. The Bild Zeitung reported that Bayern Munich tried to lure Arsene Wenger into the Bundesliga recently.
Apparently he said "Non".
Liverpool have only got the league to play for now so let's hope Man U slip up.
Please God/Allah/Buddha/Shiva/whoever's up there, please let 'em slip up...