Montag, 11. Mai 2009

Spent the whole weekend laying the slabs for the patio wood to rest on.
I used three spirit levels, string, cement and a lot of cursing; my wife has learnt quite a few new words over the last couple of days.

Then this morning was early shift. Alarm set for 0430 and then off to work with a song on my lips and a whistle in my heart… really must see the doctor about that.

Now I'm about to spend the next couple of hours with mister Spirit level and friends… My life is such a joy., I'm so happy we built a house and didn't buy ready-made…
Yeah, and that's it.
So bring on the back ache, it's mix that cement time again…
No writing done but plenty, and I mean PLENTY of ideas.
I've had a great idea for a new book too, but it'll have to wait.
Whatever, where's that spade...
Reg :-(

2 Kommentare:

tee hat gesagt…

You forgot to tag on my old mate the God Zeus onto the list.
I just hope Barca wipe them out good and proper as me old uncle used to say. I love watching AF's face when his team are losing...apoplexy doesn't come anywhere near it.
Glad the building work going well but all work and no play......:-)

R.R.Jones hat gesagt…

You're right Tee.
It's the kid's birthday today, both 12, so I'm having a day off and that's that.
If a man can't enjoy his kid's birthday then there's no justice in the world.
Where's that beer...?


Oh, I've just been told to get in the garden and do something by "She who must be obeyed".
Ho hum...