Montag, 24. Juni 2013

Crossroads



I've never really been here before.
I've had days, weeks even, when I couldn't decide how to move forward with a story, but never with three separate books.
And yet, that's exactly where I am right now.

The Division of the Damned is crying out for a sequel and I have the plot down as well. However, I want to introduce some more Biblical/Sumerian elements into it and I'm not sure if they're too over the top?
Basically, if you've read, "Division", you might remember about the war that Lilith started with the Gods? My idea was/is to make the followers of Lilith into the Fallen Angels or the Anunnaki, and have one searching for the last splinter of the Tree of Life, which is stolen from an old Rabbi at Treblinka.
Mmmm, I don't know. The thing is, half the people loved the Sumerian/Bible thing, and the other half didn't.
Whatever, it'll have to gestate a while for its true form to appear, as I think rushing it would kill the yeast, as it were.

My second idea is here:The Eckton Empire

Have a read if you have twenty minutes or so, tell me what you think please.

The last plot I have in my head is set in the south Pacific.
I originally wanted to write a Cthulhu story, but that's a no go, due to rights and having to pay estates for the use of Cthulhu.
So, I decided to stick with the south Pacific theme, and set it around the crew of a whaler in the 18th/early 19th century.
The ship stops at an island for supplies, meets up with a tribe who worship whales and blah blah blah, other stuff happens involving kidnapped girls, murderously evil missionaries and schools of angry cetaceans.

So, as ever, now you know.
I've hit a wall and really need to get over it.

However, if there's one thing I do have, it's time. The "Chronicles of Supernatural Warfare" anthology isn't out yet, and I want to send a few short stories out to other collections. But, before you can send 'em, you have to write 'em... so I better get my skates on.



Take it easy.
Reg.

PS BTW, I reached the 400 Likes mark on my Facebook page the other day.

Happy days, happy days...

Keine Kommentare: